Benny went to visit a friend of ours this week and I guess the conversation turned to our intermittent but rather disgusting pest problem, because Benny came back with our friend’s solution to cannibal rats in the home. If the previous sentence made you squeamish, you may want to turn back now.
The solution as presented to Benny was thus:
- Trap a rat in a standard snap trap.
- Await the cannibal rat who wants to eat the rat in the snap trap.
- Trap the cannibal rat in a cage.
- Feed him until he becomes very large.
- Release him back to where the rats hang out.
- Let him eat all the other rats.
- Problem solved.
Unfortunately, this plan doesn’t seem to me like it would be as smoothly executed as it is laid out, and furthermore I see a much different #7 in this scenario. I don’t think this is the plan for us.
I don’t think the plan for us is the one laid out in this cartoon either, however. Those mini cats are wasting much more food and causing much more damage than that tidy rat with his electric meat slicer.