The website for the radio show Shut Up, Weirdo recently drew my attention to the 20th century American artist Mort Kunstler. I had never heard of Mort Kunstler before, which is kind of odd because his art is right up my alley. He contributed artwork to various men’s magazine stories with titles such as:
- Pou-Pou and Her Balloon-Girl Ring
- The Strangler Came Out of the Sea
- I Need “Freak-Out” Love
- The Sergeant Who Decoyed the Nazis’ Fraulein Werewolves
- The Hell-Surfers
- Nude Pushover on Sinners’ Beach
- Those High-Handed, Money-Gouging Plumbers
Oh, wait; I guess he didn’t illustrate that last article. But still. I would want to read all of these stories even without the fantastic artwork. I can’t find the accompanying story for my favorite illustration by him, however.
Maybe if you have a moment or two today, you can write the accompanying story in the comments section.